s:checkbox inside s:iterator in struts2.3.1.2

s:checkbox inside s:iterator in struts2.3.1.2

ngarigarius
Hello,

Please help, I am having problem that I cannot figure out how to solve it. The problem is as follow:

1. JSP page:
<s:iterator value="myList" var="record">
<s:property value="#record.ageNumber"/>
<s:property value="#record.name"/>
<s:checkbox name="stringList" fieldValue="%{age}"/>
</iterator>

2. Action Class
public class ExampleAction extends ActionSupport {
private List<Pojo> myList = new ArrayList<Pojo>();
private List<String> stringList = new ArrayList<String>();
private int age;
getter/setters()

public String execute(){
generatePDFFile(age);
return Action.SUCCESS;
}
}

My problem is I don't know how to get the age in checkbox at JSP page back in the action class to generate PDF file. The PDF file is generated based on the age from the JSP. Is there any one can help me to achieve that.

Thanks,

Omar N.

Re: s:checkbox inside s:iterator in struts2.3.1.2

Lukasz Lenart
2012/9/24 Omar Ngarigari <[hidden email]>:

> Hello,
>
> Please help, I am having problem that I cannot figure out how to solve it. The problem is as follow:
>
> 1. JSP page:
> <s:iterator value="myList" var="record">
> <s:property value="#record.ageNumber"/>
> <s:property value="#record.name"/>
> <s:checkbox name="stringList" fieldValue="%{age}"/>
> </iterator>
>
> 2. Action Class
> public class ExampleAction extends ActionSupport {
> private List<Pojo> myList = new ArrayList<Pojo>();
> private List<String> stringList = new ArrayList<String>();
> private int age;
> getter/setters()
>
> public String execute(){
> generatePDFFile(age);
> return Action.SUCCESS;
> }
> }
>
> My problem is I don't know how to get the age in checkbox at JSP page back in the action class to generate PDF file. The PDF file is generated based on the age from the JSP. Is there any one can help me to achieve that.

Please check the documentation [1] as I've mixed attributes, attribute
name is the name of property to set, attribute fieldValue will be
evaluated to HTML attribute value (true/false) - check the examples in
the doc.

[1] http://struts.apache.org/2.x/docs/checkbox.html

Re: s:checkbox inside s:iterator in struts2.3.1.2

ngarigarius
Hello,

I changed my JSP page as per the documentation recommendation:

<s:iterator value="myList" var="record">
<s:property value="#record.ageNumber"/>
<s:property value="#record.name"/>
<s:checkbox name="age" value="%{#record.ageNumber}"/>
</iterator>

________________________________

 }

> My problem is I don't know how to get the age in checkbox at JSP page back in the action class to generate PDF file. The PDF file is generated based on the age from the JSP. Is there any one can help me to achieve that.

Please check the documentation [1] as I've mixed attributes, attribute
name is the name of property to set, attribute fieldValue will be
evaluated to HTML attribute value (true/false) - check the examples in
the doc.

[1] http://struts.apache.org/2.x/docs/checkbox.html

Re: s:checkbox inside s:iterator in struts2.3.1.2

Lukasz Lenart
2012/9/24 Omar Ngarigari <[hidden email]>:
> Hello,
>
> I changed my JSP page as per the documentation recommendation:
>
> <s:iterator value="myList" var="record">
> <s:property value="#record.ageNumber"/>
> <s:property value="#record.name"/>
> <s:checkbox name="age" value="%{#record.ageNumber}"/>
> </iterator>

And works ?

However. the error is still displaying. com.opensymphony.xwork2.ognl.OgnlValueStack] Error setting expression 'age' with value '[Ljava.lang.String;@1cf93cb': ognl.MethodFailedException: Method "setAge" failed for object

________________________________
2012/9/24 Omar Ngarigari <[hidden email]>:

> Hello,
>
> Please help, I am having problem that I cannot figure out how to solve it. The problem is as follow:
>
> 1. JSP page:
> <s:iterator value="myList" var="record">
> <s:property value="#record.ageNumber"/>
> <s:property value="#record.name"/>
> <s:checkbox name="stringList" fieldValue="%{age}"/>
> </iterator>
>
> 2. Action Class
> public class ExampleAction extends ActionSupport {
> private List<Pojo> myList = new ArrayList<Pojo>();
> private List<String> stringList = new ArrayList<String>();
> private int age;
> getter/setters()
>
> public String execute(){
> generatePDFFile(age);
> return Action.SUCCESS;
> }
> }
>
> My problem is I don't know how to get the age in checkbox at JSP page back in the action class to generate PDF file. The PDF file is generated based on the age from the JSP. Is there any one can help me to achieve that.

Please check the documentation [1] as I've mixed attributes, attribute
name is the name of property to set, attribute fieldValue will be
evaluated to HTML attribute value (true/false) - check the examples in
the doc.

[1] http://struts.apache.org/2.x/docs/checkbox.html

Re: s:checkbox inside s:iterator in struts2.3.1.2

ngarigarius
I figured it out. I think the correct way is to use fieldValue instead of value. It is working now. Thanks so much for your help.

<s:checbox name="age" fieldValue="%{myList.ageNumber}"/>

2012/9/24 Omar Ngarigari <[hidden email]>:
> Hello,
>
> I changed my JSP page as per the documentation recommendation:
>
> <s:iterator value="myList" var="record">
> <s:property value="#record.ageNumber"/>
> <s:property value="#record.name"/>
> <s:checkbox name="age" value="%{#record.ageNumber}"/>
> </iterator>

And works ?