[VOTE] Struts 2.5.20

Lukasz Lenart
The Apache Struts 2.5.20 test build is now available. With this
release the following issues were addressed:

Bug
[WW-4971] - s:include tag fails with truncated content in certain circumstances
[WW-4974] - NullPointerException in
DefaultStaticContentLoader#findStaticResource
[WW-4977] - Fixing flaky test in Jsr168DispatcherTest and Jsr286DispatcherTest
[WW-4984] - Static files like css and js files in struts-core not
properly served
[WW-4986] - Race condition reloading config results in actions not found
[WW-4987] - Setting Struts2 <s:select> options Css Class

Improvement
[WW-4995] - Enhancement for s:set tag to improve tag body whitespace control.

Task
[WW-4981] - Add support for Java 11

Dependency
[WW-4975] - Upgraded commons-fileupload to version 1.4
[WW-4978] - Update multiple Struts 2.5.x libraries to more recent versions
[WW-4993] - Update OGNL versions for 2.6 and 2.5.x builds

Release notes:
* https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/WW/Version+Notes+2.5.20

Maven 2 staging repository:
* https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/staging/

Once you have had a chance to review the test build, please respond
with a vote on its quality:

[ ] Leave at test build
[ ] Alpha
[ ] Beta
[ ] General Availability (GA)

Everyone who has tested the build is invited to vote. Votes by PMC
members are considered binding. A vote passes if there are at least
three binding +1s and more +1s than -1s.

The vote will remain open for at least 72 hours, longer upon request.
A vote can be amended at any time to upgrade or downgrade the quality
of the release based on future experience. If an initial vote
designates the build as "Beta", the release will be submitted for
mirroring and announced to the user list. Once released as a public
beta, subsequent quality votes on a build may be held on the user
list.

As always, the act of voting carries certain obligations. A binding
vote not only states an opinion, but means that the voter is agreeing
to help do the work.

Kind regards

Re: [VOTE] Struts 2.5.20

Greg Huber
Thanks, works great for me.

[ ] Leave at test build
[ ] Alpha
[ ] Beta
[x] General Availability (GA)

+1(b)

On Fri, 11 Jan 2019 at 15:33, Lukasz Lenart <[hidden email]> wrote:

> The Apache Struts 2.5.20 test build is now available. With this
> release the following issues were addressed:
>
> Bug
> [WW-4971] - s:include tag fails with truncated content in certain
> circumstances
> [WW-4974] - NullPointerException in
> DefaultStaticContentLoader#findStaticResource
> [WW-4977] - Fixing flaky test in Jsr168DispatcherTest and
> Jsr286DispatcherTest
> [WW-4984] - Static files like css and js files in struts-core not
> properly served
> [WW-4986] - Race condition reloading config results in actions not found
> [WW-4987] - Setting Struts2 <s:select> options Css Class
>
> Improvement
> [WW-4995] - Enhancement for s:set tag to improve tag body whitespace
> control.
>
> Task
> [WW-4981] - Add support for Java 11
>
> Dependency
> [WW-4975] - Upgraded commons-fileupload to version 1.4
> [WW-4978] - Update multiple Struts 2.5.x libraries to more recent versions
> [WW-4993] - Update OGNL versions for 2.6 and 2.5.x builds
>
> Release notes:
> * https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/WW/Version+Notes+2.5.20

> Maven 2 staging repository:
> * https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/staging/
>
> Once you have had a chance to review the test build, please respond
> with a vote on its quality:
>
> [ ] Leave at test build
> [ ] Alpha
> [ ] Beta
> [ ] General Availability (GA)
>
> Everyone who has tested the build is invited to vote. Votes by PMC
> members are considered binding. A vote passes if there are at least
> three binding +1s and more +1s than -1s.
>
> The vote will remain open for at least 72 hours, longer upon request.
> A vote can be amended at any time to upgrade or downgrade the quality
> of the release based on future experience. If an initial vote
> designates the build as "Beta", the release will be submitted for
> mirroring and announced to the user list. Once released as a public
> beta, subsequent quality votes on a build may be held on the user
> list.
>
> As always, the act of voting carries certain obligations. A binding
> vote not only states an opinion, but means that the voter is agreeing
> to help do the work.
>

> Kind regards
> --
> Łukasz
> + 48 606 323 122 http://www.lenart.org.pl/

Re: [VOTE] Struts 2.5.20

pt., 11 sty 2019 o 16:33 Lukasz Lenart <[hidden email]> napisał(a):
> [ ] Leave at test build
> [ ] Alpha
> [ ] Beta
> [X] General Availability (GA)

+1 (binding)

Re: [VOTE] Struts 2.5.20

Yasser Zamani-2

On 1/11/2019 7:11 PM, Lukasz Lenart wrote:
> pt., 11 sty 2019 o 16:33 Lukasz Lenart <[hidden email]> napisał(a):
>> [ ] Leave at test build
>> [ ] Alpha
>> [ ] Beta
>> [X] General Availability (GA)

+1 (binding) and thank you!

Regards.

Re: [VOTE] Struts 2.5.20

Aleksandr Mashchenko
[ ] Leave at test build
[ ] Alpha
[ ] Beta
[x] General Availability (GA)

+1 binding

---
Regards,
Aleksandr

Re: [VOTE] Struts 2.5.20

info@flyingfischer.ch

> [ ] Leave at test build
> [ ] Alpha
> [ ] Beta
> [X] General Availability (GA)

Markus

Do not know if this is by intention:

The release notes state many library updates, and also
commons-collections4 4.1 -> 4.2

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WW-4978

However, the standalone distribution
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/struts/2.5.20/ contains still
commons-collections3 3.2.

Using commons-collections-4.4.2 with struts-2.5.20 works perfectly, but
may need need some corrections on import statements, if used directly
within your code.

Re: [VOTE] Struts 2.5.20

Lukasz Lenart
sob., 12 sty 2019 o 11:59 [hidden email]
<[hidden email]> napisał(a):

> > [ ] Leave at test build
> > [ ] Alpha
> > [ ] Beta
> > [X] General Availability (GA)
> >

> Markus
>
> Do not know if this is by intention:
>
> The release notes state many library updates, and also
> commons-collections4 4.1 -> 4.2
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WW-4978
>
> However, the standalone distribution
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/struts/2.5.20/ contains still
> commons-collections3 3.2.
>
> Using commons-collections-4.4.2 with struts-2.5.20 works perfectly, but
> may need need some corrections on import statements, if used directly
> within your code.

That's fine, we use commons-collections4 only in tests.
commons-collections 3.2.2 is used to override the one defined in
Velocity.

Re: [VOTE] Struts 2.5.20

Christoph.Nenning
[ ] Leave at test build