[VOTE][FASTTRACK] Struts 2.5.14.1

Lukasz Lenart
The Apache Struts 2.5.14.1 test build is now available. It includes
the latest security patch which fixes one possible vulnerability:

- A crafted JSON request can be used to perform a DoS attack when
using the Struts REST plugin
- Vulnerability in the Jackson JSON library

For details and the rationale behind these changes, please consult the
corresponding security bulletins:
* https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/WW/S2-054
* https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/WW/S2-055

Release notes:
* https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/WW/Version+Notes+2.5.14.1

Maven 2 staging repository:
* https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/staging/

Once you have had a chance to review the test build, please respond
with a vote on its quality:

[ ] Leave at test build
[ ] Alpha
[ ] Beta
[ ] General Availability (GA)

Everyone who has tested the build is invited to vote. Votes by PMC
members are considered binding. A vote passes if there are at least
three binding +1s and more +1s than -1s.

This is a "fast-track" release vote. If we have a positive vote after
24 hours (at least three binding +1s and more +1s than -1s),  the
release may be submitted for mirroring and announced to the usual
channels.

The website download link will include the mirroring timestamp
parameter [1], which limits the selection of mirrors to those that
have been refreshed since the indicated time and date. (After 24
hours, we *must* remove the timestamp parameter from the website link,
to avoid unnecessary server load.) In the case of a fast-track
release, the email announcement will not link directly to
<download.cgi>, but to <downloads.html>, so that we can control use of
the timestamp parameter.

[1] http://apache.org/dev/mirrors.html#use

- The Apache Struts group.

Re: [VOTE][FASTTRACK] Struts 2.5.14.1

Rene Gielen-2
+1 GA (binding)

Thanks,
René

Am 29. November 2017 19:26:12 MEZ schrieb Lukasz Lenart <[hidden email]>:

>The Apache Struts 2.5.14.1 test build is now available. It includes
>the latest security patch which fixes one possible vulnerability:
>
>- A crafted JSON request can be used to perform a DoS attack when
>using the Struts REST plugin
>- Vulnerability in the Jackson JSON library
>
>For details and the rationale behind these changes, please consult the
>corresponding security bulletins:
>* https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/WW/S2-054
>* https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/WW/S2-055
>
>Release notes:
>* https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/WW/Version+Notes+2.5.14.1

>Maven 2 staging repository:
>* https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/staging/
>
>Once you have had a chance to review the test build, please respond
>with a vote on its quality:
>
>[ ] Leave at test build
>[ ] Alpha
>[ ] Beta
>[ ] General Availability (GA)
>
>Everyone who has tested the build is invited to vote. Votes by PMC
>members are considered binding. A vote passes if there are at least
>three binding +1s and more +1s than -1s.
>
>This is a "fast-track" release vote. If we have a positive vote after
>24 hours (at least three binding +1s and more +1s than -1s),  the
>release may be submitted for mirroring and announced to the usual
>channels.
>
>The website download link will include the mirroring timestamp
>parameter [1], which limits the selection of mirrors to those that
>have been refreshed since the indicated time and date. (After 24
>hours, we *must* remove the timestamp parameter from the website link,
>to avoid unnecessary server load.) In the case of a fast-track
>release, the email announcement will not link directly to
><download.cgi>, but to <downloads.html>, so that we can control use of
>the timestamp parameter.
>
>[1] http://apache.org/dev/mirrors.html#use
>
>- The Apache Struts group.
>

>Regards
>--
>Łukasz
>+ 48 606 323 122 http://www.lenart.org.pl/

Re: [VOTE][FASTTRACK] Struts 2.5.14.1

Johannes Geppert
[ ] Leave at test build
[ ] Alpha
[ ] Beta
[X] General Availability (GA)

+1

Best Regards

Johannes

web: http://www.jgeppert.com
twitter: http://twitter.com/jogep

> The Apache Struts 2.5.14.1 test build is now available. It includes
> the latest security patch which fixes one possible vulnerability:
>
> - A crafted JSON request can be used to perform a DoS attack when
> using the Struts REST plugin
> - Vulnerability in the Jackson JSON library
>
> For details and the rationale behind these changes, please consult the
> corresponding security bulletins:
> * https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/WW/S2-054
> * https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/WW/S2-055
>
> Release notes:
> * https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/WW/Version+Notes+2.5.14.1

> Maven 2 staging repository:
> * https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/staging/
>
> Once you have had a chance to review the test build, please respond
> with a vote on its quality:
>
> [ ] Leave at test build
> [ ] Alpha
> [ ] Beta
> [ ] General Availability (GA)
>
> Everyone who has tested the build is invited to vote. Votes by PMC
> members are considered binding. A vote passes if there are at least
> three binding +1s and more +1s than -1s.
>
> This is a "fast-track" release vote. If we have a positive vote after
> 24 hours (at least three binding +1s and more +1s than -1s),  the
> release may be submitted for mirroring and announced to the usual
> channels.
>
> The website download link will include the mirroring timestamp
> parameter [1], which limits the selection of mirrors to those that
> have been refreshed since the indicated time and date. (After 24
> hours, we *must* remove the timestamp parameter from the website link,
> to avoid unnecessary server load.) In the case of a fast-track
> release, the email announcement will not link directly to
> <download.cgi>, but to <downloads.html>, so that we can control use of
> the timestamp parameter.
>
> [1] http://apache.org/dev/mirrors.html#use
>
> - The Apache Struts group.
>

> Regards
> --
> Łukasz
> + 48 606 323 122 http://www.lenart.org.pl/

Re: [VOTE][FASTTRACK] Struts 2.5.14.1

Stefaan Dutry-2
[ ] Leave at test build
[ ] Alpha
[ ] Beta
[X] General Availability (GA)

+1 (binding)

Regards,
Stefaan Dutry (sdutry)

> The Apache Struts 2.5.14.1 test build is now available. It includes
> the latest security patch which fixes one possible vulnerability:
>
> - A crafted JSON request can be used to perform a DoS attack when
> using the Struts REST plugin
> - Vulnerability in the Jackson JSON library
>
> For details and the rationale behind these changes, please consult the
> corresponding security bulletins:
> * https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/WW/S2-054
> * https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/WW/S2-055
>
> Release notes:
> * https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/WW/Version+Notes+2.5.14.1

> Maven 2 staging repository:
> * https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/staging/
>
> Once you have had a chance to review the test build, please respond
> with a vote on its quality:
>
> [ ] Leave at test build
> [ ] Alpha
> [ ] Beta
> [ ] General Availability (GA)
>
> Everyone who has tested the build is invited to vote. Votes by PMC
> members are considered binding. A vote passes if there are at least
> three binding +1s and more +1s than -1s.
>
> This is a "fast-track" release vote. If we have a positive vote after
> 24 hours (at least three binding +1s and more +1s than -1s),  the
> release may be submitted for mirroring and announced to the usual
> channels.
>
> The website download link will include the mirroring timestamp
> parameter [1], which limits the selection of mirrors to those that
> have been refreshed since the indicated time and date. (After 24
> hours, we *must* remove the timestamp parameter from the website link,
> to avoid unnecessary server load.) In the case of a fast-track
> release, the email announcement will not link directly to
> <download.cgi>, but to <downloads.html>, so that we can control use of
> the timestamp parameter.
>
> [1] http://apache.org/dev/mirrors.html#use
>
> - The Apache Struts group.
>

> Regards
> --
> Łukasz
> + 48 606 323 122 http://www.lenart.org.pl/

Re: [VOTE][FASTTRACK] Struts 2.5.14.1

Aleksandr Mashchenko
+1 GA, binding

---
Regards,
Aleksandr

Re: [VOTE][FASTTRACK] Struts 2.5.14.1

info@flyingfischer.ch
[X] General Availability (GA)

Markus

Re: [VOTE][FASTTRACK] Struts 2.5.14.1

> [ ] Leave at test build
> [ ] Alpha
> [ ] Beta
> [X] General Availability (GA)

+1 (binding)

On 11/29/2017 9:56 PM, Lukasz Lenart wrote:
> [ ] Leave at test build
> [ ] Alpha
> [ ] Beta
> [X] General Availability (GA)

+1 (non-binding)

Thanks!

--
passes all of our app's JMeter functional tests :)

Re: [VOTE][FASTTRACK] Struts 2.5.14.1

If no objections I would like to close this Vote as we have enough
binding votes and move forward.

> The Apache Struts 2.5.14.1 test build is now available. It includes
> the latest security patch which fixes one possible vulnerability:
>
> - A crafted JSON request can be used to perform a DoS attack when
> using the Struts REST plugin
> - Vulnerability in the Jackson JSON library
>
> For details and the rationale behind these changes, please consult the
> corresponding security bulletins:
> * https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/WW/S2-054
> * https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/WW/S2-055
>
> Release notes:
> * https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/WW/Version+Notes+2.5.14.1

> Maven 2 staging repository:
> * https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/staging/
>
> Once you have had a chance to review the test build, please respond
> with a vote on its quality:
>
> [ ] Leave at test build
> [ ] Alpha
> [ ] Beta
> [ ] General Availability (GA)
>
> Everyone who has tested the build is invited to vote. Votes by PMC
> members are considered binding. A vote passes if there are at least
> three binding +1s and more +1s than -1s.
>
> This is a "fast-track" release vote. If we have a positive vote after
> 24 hours (at least three binding +1s and more +1s than -1s),  the
> release may be submitted for mirroring and announced to the usual
> channels.
>
> The website download link will include the mirroring timestamp
> parameter [1], which limits the selection of mirrors to those that
> have been refreshed since the indicated time and date. (After 24
> hours, we *must* remove the timestamp parameter from the website link,
> to avoid unnecessary server load.) In the case of a fast-track
> release, the email announcement will not link directly to
> <download.cgi>, but to <downloads.html>, so that we can control use of
> the timestamp parameter.
>
> [1] http://apache.org/dev/mirrors.html#use
>
> - The Apache Struts group.
>

> Regards