Use of JavaScipt in JSP pages using Struts2 tags

Use of JavaScipt in JSP pages using Struts2 tags

arya84
Hi All,

I am new to Struts2 and Web Development too. I read few tutorials about Struts2 but I am little confused about the way its should be used in the presentation part.
I am using Struts2 tags for creating the User Interface but I am not sure about the use of JavaScript or Action/Interceptors. Can you please help me out, that common use cases like, checking a blank entry for User/password should be handled using Struts2 validation or Javascript. A simple way is to use alerts using Javascript but what is the recommendation while using Struts2?
Should I avoid using Javascript in my application ?

RE: Use of JavaScipt in JSP pages using Struts2 tags

Muthu Velappan
I believe it depends on the nature of the project whether to use custom
javascript validations or not. There is no hard and fast rule to avoid
javascripts completely. As a standard, most of the struts2 project uses the
in-built validation even if some cases are missing in the in-built
validations we will extend the base and use it...

~Muthu