Triple select tag

albert kao-2
I am looking for a triple select tag component which is similar to the
s:doubleselect tag (
https://struts.apache.org/tag-developers/doubleselect-tag.html).
It renders three HTML select elements with the third one changing displayed
values depending on selected entry of second one, and the second one
changing displayed values depending on selected entry of first one.
A generic triple select tag component is desired.
If not, a slim down version is welcome.
I googled and saw s:doubleselect tag examples but did not find anything
about triple select tag.
Please suggest any websites, blogs, examples or implementation tips.
Thanks.

Re: Triple select tag

Martin Gainty
Hi Albert

Thinking you could possibly hook JS function to doubleOnSelect of first component to highlight 3rd
but
would you have an example of 3 tag-components wired together?

Martin

________________________________
I am looking for a triple select tag component which is similar to the
s:doubleselect tag (
https://struts.apache.org/tag-developers/doubleselect-tag.html).
Tag Developers Guide - Apache Struts 1<https://struts.apache.org/tag-developers/doubleselect-tag.html>
struts.apache.org
Edit on GitHub doubleselect. Please make sure you have read the Tag Syntax document and understand how tag attribute syntax works.

It renders three HTML select elements with the third one changing displayed
values depending on selected entry of second one, and the second one
changing displayed values depending on selected entry of first one.
A generic triple select tag component is desired.
If not, a slim down version is welcome.
I googled and saw s:doubleselect tag examples but did not find anything
about triple select tag.
Please suggest any websites, blogs, examples or implementation tips.
Thanks.

Re: Triple select tag

albert kao-2
Martin,

My requirement is triple select tag component implemented with Struts 2
only, without any JS function.
I am still learning how s:doubleselect tag works.
I downloaded the source code from
https://www.mkyong.com/struts2/struts-2-sdoubleselect-example/, compiled
and run it successfully.
This is still work in progress, so I am still working on an example of 3

On Sat, Apr 14, 2018 at 2:25 PM, Martin Gainty <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Albert
>
> Thinking you could possibly hook JS function to doubleOnSelect of first
> component to highlight 3rd
> but
> would you have an example of 3 tag-components wired together?
>

> Martin

> I am looking for a triple select tag component which is similar to the
> s:doubleselect tag (
> https://struts.apache.org/tag-developers/doubleselect-tag.html).
> Tag Developers Guide - Apache Struts 1<https://struts.apache.org/
> tag-developers/doubleselect-tag.html>
> struts.apache.org
> Edit on GitHub doubleselect. Please make sure you have read the Tag Syntax
> document and understand how tag attribute syntax works.
>

> It renders three HTML select elements with the third one changing displayed
> values depending on selected entry of second one, and the second one
> changing displayed values depending on selected entry of first one.
> A generic triple select tag component is desired.
> If not, a slim down version is welcome.
> I googled and saw s:doubleselect tag examples but did not find anything
> about triple select tag.
> Please suggest any websites, blogs, examples or implementation tips.
> Thanks.

Re: Triple select tag

Yasser Zamani-2

On 4/15/2018 12:01 AM, albert kao wrote:
> My requirement is triple select tag component implemented with Struts 2
> only, without any JS function.
> I am still learning how s:doubleselect tag works.
> I downloaded the source code from
> https://www.mkyong.com/struts2/struts-2-sdoubleselect-example/, compiled
> and run it successfully.
> This is still work in progress, so I am still working on an example of 3
> tag-components wired together.
> Please suggest any websites, blogs, examples or implementation tips.

Unfortunately, it seems Struts doesn't have any further component for
more than two selects (3, 4, 5, ... n dependent selects). However, you
can use java-script as advised (Strut's doubleselect also generates
java-script for client). Or more harder but nicer and cleaner, you can
review current Strut's doubleselect implementation and see if you can
improve it to accept N sequentially dependent selects! Then you can try
a share/merge into Struts :)

Regards.