Struts2 2.3.16 integration with Spring Boot 1.3.5

Struts2 2.3.16 integration with Spring Boot 1.3.5

Rodman, Kenneth J
Hi,

I am trying to wrap Spring Boot 1.3.5 around my Struts2 application [version 2.3.16]. I have successfully received control into my action classes and my action classes are able to access the backend database and retrieve data. However, beyond that the JSP is never rendered.
So, is it possible to run a Struts2 application with Spring Boot? If so, could someone guide me on how to configure Spring Boot such that I can hook up to my JSP pages after going through my action classes.

Regards, Kenny.

This email is confidential and subject to important disclaimers and conditions including on offers for the purchase or sale of securities, accuracy and completeness of information,  viruses, confidentiality, legal privilege, and legal entity disclaimers, available at http://www.jpmorgan.com/pages/disclosures/email

Re: Struts2 2.3.16 integration with Spring Boot 1.3.5

<[hidden email]>:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to wrap Spring Boot 1.3.5 around my Struts2 application [version 2.3.16]. I have successfully received control into my action classes and my action classes are able to access the backend database and retrieve data. However, beyond that the JSP is never rendered.
> So, is it possible to run a Struts2 application with Spring Boot? If so, could someone guide me on how to configure Spring Boot such that I can hook up to my JSP pages after going through my action classes.

Maybe it's a problem with accessing JSPs on classpath ... do you have
an example project?

Ɓukasz

Re: Struts2 2.3.16 integration with Spring Boot 1.3.5

Luiz Veronesi
Hello,

I'm struggling for some days to make Spring Boot find my Action classes and
couldn't make it done.

Are you using annotations from the convention plugin? If yes, what did you
do?

Thanks.

--
Sent from: http://struts.1045723.n5.nabble.com/Struts-User-f3426046.html

AW: Struts2 2.3.16 integration with Spring Boot 1.3.5

Christoph.Nenning
> Hello,
>
> I'm struggling for some days to make Spring Boot find my Action classes and
> couldn't make it done.
>
> Are you using annotations from the convention plugin? If yes, what did you
> do?
>
> Thanks.

Hi,

in my apps it's often that I forget to set configuration constant "struts.convention.action.packages". That's not related to spring boot though.

Regards,
Christoph