Struts 2 Sample application look for index() method

Struts 2 Sample application look for index() method

SanJ.SANJAY
I have a struts 2 sample application integrated with my struts 1. Everything is fine but the filter complains that it did not find index() method on the action. I have only one method execute() in the action class. The application is very simple one why does it says

java.lang.NoSuchMethodException: com.cec.strutsSample.ActionClass.index()
 java.lang.Class.getMethod(Class.java:1605)

org.apache.struts2.interceptor.validation.AnnotationValidationInterceptor.getActionMethod(AnnotationValidationInterceptor.java:75)    org.apache.struts2.interceptor.validation.AnnotationValidationInterceptor.doIntercept(AnnotationValidationInterceptor.java:47)    com.opensymphony.xwork2.interceptor.MethodFilterInterceptor.intercept(MethodFilterInterceptor.java:87)

Re: Struts 2 Sample application look for index() method

newton.dave
SanJ.SANJAY wrote:

> I have a struts 2 sample application integrated with my struts 1. Everything
> is fine but the filter complains that it did not find index() method on the
> action. I have only one method execute() in the action class. The
> application is very simple one why does it says
>
> java.lang.NoSuchMethodException: com.cec.strutsSample.ActionClass.index()
>  java.lang.Class.getMethod(Class.java:1605)
> org.apache.struts2.interceptor.validation.AnnotationValidationInterceptor.getActionMethod(AnnotationValidationInterceptor.java:75)
> org.apache.struts2.interceptor.validation.AnnotationValidationInterceptor.doIntercept(AnnotationValidationInterceptor.java:47)
> com.opensymphony.xwork2.interceptor.MethodFilterInterceptor.intercept(MethodFilterInterceptor.java:87)

I think the rest of your post, the part where you included the
configuration and Java code, got truncated.

Dave

Re: Struts 2 Sample application look for index() method

SanJ.SANJAY
No its not truncated.
The application is very simple helloworld application.

newton.dave wrote

SanJ.SANJAY wrote:
> No its not truncated.

Oh, that's too bad.

> The application is very simple helloworld application.

It's not so simple we can guess what your code and configuration looks
like with any degree of accuracy.

Dave

Re: Struts 2 Sample application look for index() method

SanJ.SANJAY
The problem is resolved, I had to remove the struts2-rest plugin.

SanJ.SANJAY wrote:
> I have a struts 2 sample application integrated with my struts 1. Everything
> is fine but the filter complains that it did not find index() method on the
> action. I have only one method execute() in the action class. The
> application is very simple one why does it says
>
> java.lang.NoSuchMethodException: com.cec.strutsSample.ActionClass.index()
>  java.lang.Class.getMethod(Class.java:1605)
> org.apache.struts2.interceptor.validation.AnnotationValidationInterceptor.getActionMethod(AnnotationValidationInterceptor.java:75)
> org.apache.struts2.interceptor.validation.AnnotationValidationInterceptor.doIntercept(AnnotationValidationInterceptor.java:47)
> com.opensymphony.xwork2.interceptor.MethodFilterInterceptor.intercept(MethodFilterInterceptor.java:87)

I think the rest of your post, the part where you included the
configuration and Java code, got truncated.

Dave

RE: Struts 2 Sample application look for index() method

Mike Baranski-2
We need your struts2 xml configuration file and possibly the java code to
help.

That, or someone with better ESP than me will have to help.

M.

newton.dave wrote:

> SanJ.SANJAY wrote:
>> I have a struts 2 sample application integrated with my struts 1.
>> Everything
>> is fine but the filter complains that it did not find index() method on
>> the
>> action. I have only one method execute() in the action class. The
>> application is very simple one why does it says
>>
>> java.lang.NoSuchMethodException: com.cec.strutsSample.ActionClass.index()

>>  java.lang.Class.getMethod(Class.java:1605)

org.apache.struts2.interceptor.validation.AnnotationValidationInterceptor.ge
tActionMethod(AnnotationValidationInterceptor.java:75)

org.apache.struts2.interceptor.validation.AnnotationValidationInterceptor.do
Intercept(AnnotationValidationInterceptor.java:47)

com.opensymphony.xwork2.interceptor.MethodFilterInterceptor.intercept(Method
FilterInterceptor.java:87)

> I think the rest of your post, the part where you included the
> configuration and Java code, got truncated.
>
> Dave

Re: Struts 2 Sample application look for index() method

SanJ.SANJAY
don't guess.

newton.dave wrote
SanJ.SANJAY wrote: