Struts 2.3.31 is excluding generic object.

Struts 2.3.31 is excluding generic object.

Anurag kumar
Hi,

My Action class  returns generic object and It was working fine with struts 2.3.16 but after upgrading with struts 2.3.31. It is excluding generic object.
I found <constant name="struts.excludedClasses"> constant in struts-default.xml while searching. Here java.lang.Object is excluded. My concern is if I am overriding this constant in my struts.xml file after removing java.lang.Object .Will it have a huge impact on security?

Thanks
Anurag

Re: Struts 2.3.31 is excluding generic object.

> My Action class  returns generic object and It was working fine with struts 2.3.16 but after upgrading with struts 2.3.31. It is excluding generic object.
> I found <constant name="struts.excludedClasses"> constant in struts-default.xml while searching. Here java.lang.Object is excluded. My concern is if I am overriding this constant in my struts.xml file after removing java.lang.Object .Will it have a huge impact on security?

What do you mean by "returns a generic object"?

On 2017-02-02 01:00 (+0530), Lukasz Lenart <[hidden email]> wrote:

> > Hi,
> >
> > My Action class  returns generic object and It was working fine with struts 2.3.16 but after upgrading with struts 2.3.31. It is excluding generic object.
> > I found <constant name="struts.excludedClasses"> constant in struts-default.xml while searching. Here java.lang.Object is excluded. My concern is if I am overriding this constant in my struts.xml file after removing java.lang.Object .Will it have a huge impact on security?
>
> What do you mean by "returns a generic object"?
>

> Regards
> --
> Łukasz
> + 48 606 323 122 http://www.lenart.org.pl/

I have created generic Action variable i.e. T model , which I am using in struts.xml to resolve my dynamic results.

Thanks,
Anurag

Re: Struts 2.3.31 is excluding generic object.

> I have created generic Action variable i.e. T model , which I am using in struts.xml to resolve my dynamic results.

I don't really get it, can you post an example?