Struts 1.3 and OAuth2

Asad Habib-2
Has anyone successfully been able to integrate OAuth2 to authorize calls
made to an API built using Struts 1.3? I haven't seen any examples of this
online. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Re: Struts 1.3 and OAuth2

Martin Gainty
attempts at direct access to struts webapp should automatically redirect the request to an authorisation-server
once fully authenticated the original-request is then sent to "struts-app"

JSR-286 portlet-api frameworks have handled role assignment and authorisation for better part of 10 years
Here is a partial list of JSR-286 portlet-api frameworks you can use:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_enterprise_portal_vendors
List of enterprise portal vendors - Wikipedia<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_enterprise_portal_vendors>
This is a list of notable vendors of enterprise portals.An enterprise portal is a framework for integrating information, people and processes across organizational boundaries.
en.wikipedia.org

the HTTP Header LOCATION is where you want to redirect to on seeing 302 MOVED TEMP
 if (code == HttpURLConnection.HTTP_MOVED_TEMP)
  {
   System.out.println("doPost response code is 302 (HTTP_MOVED_TEMP) about to getHeaderField(\"Location\")");
   token = urlc.getHeaderField("Location");
   System.out.println("doPost token="+token);
  }

those details should be handled by JSR-286 portlet server

since this has nothing to do with using struts  we can continue this offline as necessary

hth
Martin-