Quantcast

[OT]Best practice: Transfer information from J2ee based app to ColdFusion based app

[OT]Best practice: Transfer information from J2ee based app to ColdFusion based app

enthucoder
Hi,

This is not the right place, but I would be glad if I can get some help. I
just wanted to know what is the best practice if i need to transfer
control i.e. when I hit 'submit' button in a Struts based (or a JSP) based
app  using 'POST' method and the control now goes to ColdFusion (CF) based
app, which gets information from POST message it recieves. This can also
happen vice versa.

My Inclination:  To make it simple, just direct the page to CF based app's
page i.e. put the URL  in action part of form. Even though, sensitive
information is present in the POST call, it is encrypted as it is a POST
call.

Am I making Web app blunder? Please suggest me, incase I am approaching
it, wrong. Do, i need to encrypt and decrypt information at both ends?
Disadvantages of what i am doing?

Thanks
H.

Re: [OT]Best practice: Transfer information from J2ee based app to ColdFusion based app

Martin Gainty
You probably want to consider a more secure architecture ..
If you would be willing to retain the features in attributes and functions
(accessors/mutators) in Java Beans..
Then CF can transmit as well as receive parameters from the previously
configured back end Java beans directly
without risking interception or even worse..modification
Is/are there some functionality that CF UI component offers that a
struts-component does not currently offer?

Martin--