New Documentation/Question on Site

Louis Smith
I very much like the new look of the site, and the 2 new pages from
Christopher.

I do have one question - where is the roadmap showing the future of
Struts?  Plans for Java 8, Struts 3, etc.

Thanks again for all the great and hard work you all do on Struts.  My
clients have been using it for over a decade now and one of them is in the
process of upgrading 70+ major applications to 2.5.10.1 (some are still in
1.2.* versions!!!)

Louis

Re: New Documentation/Question on Site

> I very much like the new look of the site, and the 2 new pages from
> Christopher.
>
> I do have one question - where is the roadmap showing the future of
> Struts?  Plans for Java 8, Struts 3, etc.

You can check this page [1], but it must be updated to reflect the new
plans (Struts 2.6) and it'll probably take 2-3 years when we start
working on Struts 3 - there is a lot of things that must be clarified
first in 2.5 and 2.6 before we can start working on S3. And I think
moving slowly is better than doing huge jumps :)

[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/WW/Struts+Next