Quantcast

Missing message for key "welcome.title" in bundle "(default bundle)" for locale es

Missing message for key "welcome.title" in bundle "(default bundle)" for locale es

bladu
Hi,

I have created a project basic project in Struts (Welcome Struts). In the package com.myapp.struts (which is ubicated in the Source files) y create a properties file called MessageResources_es_ES, which has the following content:

welcome.title=Holamundo Struts
welcome.heading=Bienvenida!
welcome.message=Holamundo Struts

In the struts-config.xml y put the following file: <message-resources parameter="com/myapp/struts/MessageResources_es_ES"/>

When I try to run the aplication Apache tomcat gices me the following error: Missing message for key "welcome.title" in bundle "(default bundle)" for locale es

I would be very grateful if somebody could help me to solve this question.

Regards and thanks with anticipation.

Re: Missing message for key "welcome.title" in bundle "(default bundle)" for locale es

Steven Yang
try <message-resources
parameter="com/myapp/struts/MessageResources"/>

and make sure your locale is "es_ES" and not just "es" (not sure if it
matters, but just to be on the save side)

On Wed, Nov 10, 2010 at 6:00 AM, bladu <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have created a project basic project in Struts (Welcome Struts). In the
> package com.myapp.struts (which is ubicated in the Source files) y create a
> properties file called MessageResources_es_ES, which has the following
> content:
>
> welcome.title=Holamundo Struts
> welcome.heading=Bienvenida!
> welcome.message=Holamundo Struts
>
> In the struts-config.xml y put the following file: <message-resources
> parameter="com/myapp/struts/MessageResources_es_ES"/>
>

> When I try to run the aplication Apache tomcat gices me the following
> error:
> Missing message for key "welcome.title" in bundle "(default bundle)" for
> locale es
>

> I would be very grateful if somebody could help me to solve this question.
>
> Regards and thanks with anticipation.

Re: Missing message for key "welcome.title" in bundle "(default bundle)" for locale es

Li Ying
> try <message-resources
> parameter="com/myapp/struts/MessageResources"/>

This is right.
The name of a resource bundle, should not include the locale suffix.
Actually, a resource bundle, contains several resource files which
have the same base name and different suffix for  each locale.
For more information, see:
http://download.oracle.com/javase/6/docs/api/java/util/ResourceBundle.html

> and make sure your locale is "es_ES" and not just "es" (not sure if it
> matters, but just to be on the save side)

It matters.

When user locale is [es_ES],
the resource locale can be used should be (in the priority order):
(1)es_ES
or
(2)es
or
(3)NONE

When user locale is [es],
the resource locale can be used should be (in the priority order):
(1)es
or
(2)NONE

Which means, resource locale [es_ES] can not be used for user locale [es]

Re: Missing message for key "welcome.title" in bundle "(default bundle)" for locale es

bladu
Hi Steven and Li,

I have found out that my locale is [es]. But the problem still continues because,  when I create the Welcome Struts application in Netbeans, In the package com.myapp.struts there is a default properties file create called ApplicationResource.properties, which has in English.

welcome.title=Struts Application
welcome.heading=Struts Applications in Netbeans!
welcome.message=It's easy to create Struts applications with NetBeans.

As I wanted to create a multilanguage application in Spasnish and English  I created MessageResources_es.properties, which the following content.

welcome.title=Holamundo Struts
welcome.heading=Bienvenida!
welcome.message=Holamundo Struts

And In the Struts-config I add the following line <message-resources parameter="com/myapp/struts/MessageResources_es"/>

below to   <message-resources parameter="com/myapp/struts/ApplicationResource"/>

But when I run the application it still gives me  the same error.

Re: Missing message for key "welcome.title" in bundle "(default bundle)" for locale es

Li Ying
I think there are several problem

(1)You have defined the same message key in different resource bundle
(ApplicationResource and MessageResources). This may be not a good way
to maintenance resource

(2)<message-resources parameter="com/myapp/struts/MessageResources_es"/>
is not very good.
The resource bundle should be reference by base name,
and the suffix will be appended automatically for different user locale.
So, I suggest you to change the setting to
<message-resources parameter="com/myapp/struts/MessageResources"/>

(3)If you define more than one [message-resources] in
struts-config.xml, they need to be distinguished by different "key",
and also, you need specify the bundle when you reference them.
For example, if you defined:
<message-resources key="resources01" parameter="package.Resources01"/>
<message-resources key="resources02" parameter="package.Resources02"/>

then you should reference them by:
<bean:message bundle="resources02" key="some.message.key"/>

(4)I am not very sure, but I think the resource bundle name in
struts-config.xml should be separated by dot instead of slash

2010/11/10 bladu <[hidden email]>:

> Hi Steven and Li,
>
> I have found out that my locale is [es]. But the problem still continues
> because,  when I create the Welcome Struts application in Netbeans, In the
> package com.myapp.struts there is a default properties file create called
> ApplicationResource.properties, which has in English.
>
> welcome.title=Struts Application
> welcome.heading=Struts Applications in Netbeans!
> welcome.message=It's easy to create Struts applications with NetBeans.
>
> As I wanted to create a multilanguage application in Spasnish and English  I
> created MessageResources_es.properties, which the following content.
>
> welcome.title=Holamundo Struts
> welcome.heading=Bienvenida!
> welcome.message=Holamundo Struts
>
> And In the Struts-config I add the following line <message-resources
> parameter="com/myapp/struts/MessageResources_es"/>
>
> below to   <message-resources
> parameter="com/myapp/struts/ApplicationResource"/>
>
> But when I run the application it still gives me  the same error.
>
> Regards

Re: Missing message for key "welcome.title" in bundle "(default bundle)" for locale es

bladu

<quote author="Li Ying">
[...]

Hi Li,

Now it runs.

PD: Resource bundle runs with dots or separating with slahs