Migrating the Migration Guide

The very last thing to migrate from Confluence to Markdown is our
Migration Guide [1]. The only problem with having all in .md files and
exposed via Git is that with Confluence we can restrict access to
particular pages which is useful when we are preparing a security
release. We can prepare the Version Notes without exposing any
information to public, clarify things and so on. Having all in .md
files won't be possible to do so.

I wonder what can of flow would help us still use Confluence in such
cases but keep the final docs in .md files, do you have some ideas?

[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/WW/Migration+Guide

RE: Migrating the Migration Guide

Sorry I cannot recall why we should migrate -- Have INFRA compelled us and Confulence is going to be removed? Or just to beautify?

Anyway, I think we can use a Jekyll/Ruby custom tag component which at site build time, downloads that Confulence's page html as an anonymous user and includes it in output -- like what I've already done for some snippets.

Regards.

Lukasz Lenart
sob., 21 wrz 2019 o 11:26 Yasser Zamani <[hidden email]> napisał(a):

> Hi,
>
> Sorry I cannot recall why we should migrate -- Have INFRA compelled us and Confulence is going to be removed? Or just to beautify?

No, we don't have to migrate. We did so with the site and other guides
just because it's easier for others to fix/add new content. And the
final thing to resolve is what to do with the Migration Guide, we can
re-organise the Confluence space and leave it there or maybe move it
where the rest of the guides is to keep it simple.

> Anyway, I think we can use a Jekyll/Ruby custom tag component which at site build time, downloads that Confulence's page html as an anonymous user and includes it in output -- like what I've already done for some snippets.

Right now I think that it would be better to leave the guide where it
is, just to clean up the space.

Re: Migrating the Migration Guide

ssmtpmailtesting ssmtpmailtesting
Please unsubscribe me from your mailing list.

On Fri, Sep 20, 2019 at 12:50 PM Lukasz Lenart <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The very last thing to migrate from Confluence to Markdown is our
> Migration Guide [1]. The only problem with having all in .md files and
> exposed via Git is that with Confluence we can restrict access to
> particular pages which is useful when we are preparing a security
> release. We can prepare the Version Notes without exposing any
> information to public, clarify things and so on. Having all in .md
> files won't be possible to do so.
>
> I wonder what can of flow would help us still use Confluence in such
> cases but keep the final docs in .md files, do you have some ideas?
>
> [1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/WW/Migration+Guide
>

> Regards
> --
> Łukasz
> + 48 606 323 122 http://www.lenart.org.pl/

Re: Migrating the Migration Guide

Dave Newton-6

On Fri, Sep 27, 2019 at 9:17 AM ssmtpmailtesting ssmtpmailtesting <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Please unsubscribe me from your mailing list.
>
> On Fri, Sep 20, 2019 at 12:50 PM Lukasz Lenart <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > The very last thing to migrate from Confluence to Markdown is our
> > Migration Guide [1]. The only problem with having all in .md files and
> > exposed via Git is that with Confluence we can restrict access to
> > particular pages which is useful when we are preparing a security
> > release. We can prepare the Version Notes without exposing any
> > information to public, clarify things and so on. Having all in .md
> > files won't be possible to do so.
> >
> > I wonder what can of flow would help us still use Confluence in such
> > cases but keep the final docs in .md files, do you have some ideas?
> >
> > [1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/WW/Migration+Guide
> >

> > Regards
> > --
> > Łukasz
> > + 48 606 323 122 http://www.lenart.org.pl/

em: [hidden email]
mo: 908-380-8699
tw: @dave_newton <https://twitter.com/dave_newton>
li: dave-newton <https://www.linkedin.com/in/dave-newton/>
gh: davelnewton <https://github.com/davelnewton>
so: Dave Newton <http://stackoverflow.com/users/438992/dave-newton>
bl[0]: Bucky Bits <http://buckybits.blogspot.com/>
bl[1]: Maker's End Blog <https://blog.makersend.com>
sk: davelnewton_skype

Re: Migrating the Migration Guide

I have re-organised our main Confluence space and renamed it to
"Apache Struts 2 Wiki", it's a source of our Migration Guide and
Security Bulletins.

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/WW

Please be aware that we host two more spaces at Confluence
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/S2WIKI/Welcome+to+Apache+Struts2+Community+Wiki
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/S2PLUGINS/Home

Any comments are welcome :)

Regard