Quantcast

Load Message from database using ResourceBundle

Load Message from database using ResourceBundle

rifqiyusuf
I would like to retrieve database value from a table.

let's say i have table_message that looks like this :

| ID  |    KEY       |  MESSAGE           |
| 1   | app.label1   |  Your First Name   |
| 2   | app.label2   |  Your Last Name    |

then I would like to get Your First Name band Your Last Name through app.label1 and app.label2 using a JSP ( i use struts 2 frameworks ) that might look like this.

<s:textfield label="app.label1" name="firstName"/>
<s:textfield label="app.label2" name ="lastName"/>

those text fields should populate with  Your First Name and Your last Name without requiring *.properties file.

if anyone know how to do this ,  please let me know.

Thank you

Re: Load Message from database using ResourceBundle

Snowball RC

On 2017-03-23 16:05 (+0100), rifqiyusuf <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I would like to retrieve database value from a table.
>
> let's say i have table_message that looks like this :
>
> | ID  |    KEY       |  MESSAGE           |
> | 1   | app.label1   |  Your First Name   |
> | 2   | app.label2   |  Your Last Name    |
>

> then I would like to get Your First Name band Your Last Name through
> app.label1 and app.label2 using a JSP ( i use struts 2 frameworks ) that
> might look like this.
>
> <s:textfield label="app.label1" name="firstName"/>
> <s:textfield label="app.label2" name ="lastName"/>
>
> those text fields should populate with  Your First Name and Your last Name
> without requiring *.properties file.
>
> if anyone know how to do this ,  please let me know.
>
> Thank you

To do that you have to override all Struts 2 getText method to pass your label code and then to do some request to your database instead of properties files.

for example :
@Override
public String getText(String key) {
        return getText(key, key);
}
etc..
And finally have a method that call your database service to retrieve your label.

Re: Load Message from database using ResourceBundle

adam brin
That’ll help in a few places, but technically you want a custom implementation of the TextProvider. A quick google search suggests:

http://struts.1045723.n5.nabble.com/Stuts-2-and-Custom-TextProvider-td3494753.html

Adam Brin
Director of Technology, Digital Antiquity
480.965.1278

> On Mar 23, 2017, at 8:20 AM, Snowball RC <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> On 2017-03-23 16:05 (+0100), rifqiyusuf <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> I would like to retrieve database value from a table.
>>
>> let's say i have table_message that looks like this :
>>
>> | ID  |    KEY       |  MESSAGE           |
>> | 1   | app.label1   |  Your First Name   |
>> | 2   | app.label2   |  Your Last Name    |
>>

>> then I would like to get Your First Name band Your Last Name through
>> app.label1 and app.label2 using a JSP ( i use struts 2 frameworks ) that
>> might look like this.
>>
>> <s:textfield label="app.label1" name="firstName"/>
>> <s:textfield label="app.label2" name ="lastName"/>
>>
>> those text fields should populate with  Your First Name and Your last Name
>> without requiring *.properties file.
>>
>> if anyone know how to do this ,  please let me know.
>>
>> Thank you
>>

>> --

> To do that you have to override all Struts 2 getText method to pass your label code and then to do some request to your database instead of properties files.
>
> for example :
> @Override
> public String getText(String key) {
> return getText(key, key);
> }
> etc..
> And finally have a method that call your database service to retrieve your label.

Re: Load Message from database using ResourceBundle

> I would like to retrieve database value from a table.
>
> let's say i have table_message that looks like this :
>
> | ID  |    KEY       |  MESSAGE           |
> | 1   | app.label1   |  Your First Name   |
> | 2   | app.label2   |  Your Last Name    |
>

> then I would like to get Your First Name band Your Last Name through
> app.label1 and app.label2 using a JSP ( i use struts 2 frameworks ) that
> might look like this.
>
> <s:textfield label="app.label1" name="firstName"/>
> <s:textfield label="app.label2" name ="lastName"/>
>
> those text fields should populate with  Your First Name and Your last Name
> without requiring *.properties file.
>
> if anyone know how to do this ,  please let me know.

Implementing a custom TextProvider is the way to go as mentioned by
Adam. With the next version of Struts this will change a bit to avoid
problems when using different DI library (e.g. Spring), instead
implementing TextProvider interface only you will have to implement
TextProviderFactory as well.

https://github.com/apache/struts-examples/tree/master/text-provider
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WW-4756

Right now I'm adding some docs how to implement custom TextProvider &
TextProviderFactory
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/WW/Localization