[GitHub] struts pull request: WW-4520 - Add prefix for CSS classes.

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
8 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

[GitHub] struts pull request: WW-4520 - Add prefix for CSS classes.

cnenning
GitHub user aleksandr-m opened a pull request:

    https://github.com/apache/struts/pull/44

    WW-4520 - Add prefix for CSS classes.

   

You can merge this pull request into a Git repository by running:

    $ git pull https://github.com/aleksandr-m/struts feature/css-class-prefix

Alternatively you can review and apply these changes as the patch at:

    https://github.com/apache/struts/pull/44.patch

To close this pull request, make a commit to your master/trunk branch
with (at least) the following in the commit message:

    This closes #44
   
----
commit cc6bf9bf18d46309fa6c405bb90232888348c477
Author: Aleksandr Mashchenko <[hidden email]>
Date:   2015-06-30T15:53:36Z

    Added prefix for css classes.

----


---
If your project is set up for it, you can reply to this email and have your
reply appear on GitHub as well. If your project does not have this feature
enabled and wishes so, or if the feature is enabled but not working, please
contact infrastructure at [hidden email] or file a JIRA ticket
with INFRA.
---

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: [GitHub] struts pull request: WW-4520 - Add prefix for CSS classes.

Christoph Nenning
Hi,


have you guys seen this jira and PR?


What do you think about the compatibility issues?


For me it would be OK to change it in 2.5, but it already scares me to
migrate my own applications ;)



https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WW-4520
https://github.com/apache/struts/pull/44



regards,
Christoph




> From: aleksandr-m <[hidden email]>
> To: [hidden email],
> Date: 30.06.2015 18:01
> Subject: [GitHub] struts pull request: WW-4520 - Add prefix for CSS
classes.

>
> GitHub user aleksandr-m opened a pull request:
>
>     https://github.com/apache/struts/pull/44
>
>     WW-4520 - Add prefix for CSS classes.
>
>
>
> You can merge this pull request into a Git repository by running:
>
>     $ git pull https://github.com/aleksandr-m/struts 
feature/css-class-prefix

>
> Alternatively you can review and apply these changes as the patch at:
>
>     https://github.com/apache/struts/pull/44.patch
>
> To close this pull request, make a commit to your master/trunk branch
> with (at least) the following in the commit message:
>
>     This closes #44
>
> ----
> commit cc6bf9bf18d46309fa6c405bb90232888348c477
> Author: Aleksandr Mashchenko <[hidden email]>
> Date:   2015-06-30T15:53:36Z
>
>     Added prefix for css classes.
>
> ----
>
>
> ---
> If your project is set up for it, you can reply to this email and have
your
> reply appear on GitHub as well. If your project does not have this
feature
> enabled and wishes so, or if the feature is enabled but not working,
please
> contact infrastructure at [hidden email] or file a JIRA
ticket
> with INFRA.
> ---
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>

This Email was scanned by Sophos Anti Virus
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: [GitHub] struts pull request: WW-4520 - Add prefix for CSS classes.

Lukasz Lenart
I think this too huge change and also would like to use some other
prefix than "struts-" - it can expose too much information about used
backend

2015-07-02 9:10 GMT+02:00 Christoph Nenning <[hidden email]>:

> Hi,
>
>
> have you guys seen this jira and PR?
>
>
> What do you think about the compatibility issues?
>
>
> For me it would be OK to change it in 2.5, but it already scares me to
> migrate my own applications ;)
>
>
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WW-4520
> https://github.com/apache/struts/pull/44
>
>
>
> regards,
> Christoph
>
>
>
>
>> From: aleksandr-m <[hidden email]>
>> To: [hidden email],
>> Date: 30.06.2015 18:01
>> Subject: [GitHub] struts pull request: WW-4520 - Add prefix for CSS
> classes.
>>
>> GitHub user aleksandr-m opened a pull request:
>>
>>     https://github.com/apache/struts/pull/44
>>
>>     WW-4520 - Add prefix for CSS classes.
>>
>>
>>
>> You can merge this pull request into a Git repository by running:
>>
>>     $ git pull https://github.com/aleksandr-m/struts
> feature/css-class-prefix
>>
>> Alternatively you can review and apply these changes as the patch at:
>>
>>     https://github.com/apache/struts/pull/44.patch
>>
>> To close this pull request, make a commit to your master/trunk branch
>> with (at least) the following in the commit message:
>>
>>     This closes #44
>>
>> ----
>> commit cc6bf9bf18d46309fa6c405bb90232888348c477
>> Author: Aleksandr Mashchenko <[hidden email]>
>> Date:   2015-06-30T15:53:36Z
>>
>>     Added prefix for css classes.
>>
>> ----
>>
>>
>> ---
>> If your project is set up for it, you can reply to this email and have
> your
>> reply appear on GitHub as well. If your project does not have this
> feature
>> enabled and wishes so, or if the feature is enabled but not working,
> please
>> contact infrastructure at [hidden email] or file a JIRA
> ticket
>> with INFRA.
>> ---
>>
>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
>> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>>
>
> This Email was scanned by Sophos Anti Virus

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: [GitHub] struts pull request: WW-4520 - Add prefix for CSS classes.

Aleksandr M
In reply to this post by cnenning
Hi,

Where exactly, besides CSS files, are you using S2 CSS classes that makes
it so hard to migrate to a new ones?

I agree with Lukasz that "struts-" isn't the best prefix and it should be
changed to something else. But not sure we need yet another theme. With
resolution of https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WW-4355 current themes
are more html5 friendlier than before.

best regards,
Aleksandr
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: [GitHub] struts pull request: WW-4520 - Add prefix for CSS classes.

Christoph Nenning
> Where exactly, besides CSS files, are you using S2 CSS classes

We are doing some custom stuff with ajax validation. Besides own CSS we
have JS and Freemarker files where we use S2 class names. In theory it
should be enough to migrate by simply search/replace. But it real live
many things can go wrong that nodody expects.



Regards,
Christoph





> From: Aleksandr M <[hidden email]>
> To: [hidden email],
> Date: 03.07.2015 21:42
> Subject: Re: [GitHub] struts pull request: WW-4520 - Add prefix for
> CSS classes.
>
> Hi,
>
> Where exactly, besides CSS files, are you using S2 CSS classes that
makes
> it so hard to migrate to a new ones?
>
> I agree with Lukasz that "struts-" isn't the best prefix and it should
be
> changed to something else. But not sure we need yet another theme. With
> resolution of https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WW-4355 current
themes
> are more html5 friendlier than before.
>
> best regards,
> Aleksandr

This Email was scanned by Sophos Anti Virus
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: [GitHub] struts pull request: WW-4520 - Add prefix for CSS classes.

Lukasz Lenart
In reply to this post by Aleksandr M
2015-07-03 21:42 GMT+02:00 Aleksandr M <[hidden email]>:
> I agree with Lukasz that "struts-" isn't the best prefix and it should be
> changed to something else. But not sure we need yet another theme. With
> resolution of https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WW-4355 current themes
> are more html5 friendlier than before.

Yes, I know having too many themes isn't a good idea but it's the best
one to keep backward compatibility


Regards
--
Ɓukasz
+ 48 606 323 122 http://www.lenart.org.pl/

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

[GitHub] struts issue #44: WW-4520 - Add prefix for CSS classes.

cnenning
In reply to this post by cnenning
Github user lukaszlenart commented on the issue:

    https://github.com/apache/struts/pull/44
 
    Hm... I wonder how hard it will be to make this configurable so we can keep backward compatibility and allow enable a custom prefix on demand.


---
If your project is set up for it, you can reply to this email and have your
reply appear on GitHub as well. If your project does not have this feature
enabled and wishes so, or if the feature is enabled but not working, please
contact infrastructure at [hidden email] or file a JIRA ticket
with INFRA.
---

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

[GitHub] struts issue #44: WW-4520 - Add prefix for CSS classes.

cnenning
In reply to this post by cnenning
Github user cnenning commented on the issue:

    https://github.com/apache/struts/pull/44
 
    > I wonder how hard it will be to make this configurable
   
    Making this configurable would be cool. But when looking at changed files, and all those different file types, i fear it would be hard.


---
If your project is set up for it, you can reply to this email and have your
reply appear on GitHub as well. If your project does not have this feature
enabled and wishes so, or if the feature is enabled but not working, please
contact infrastructure at [hidden email] or file a JIRA ticket
with INFRA.
---

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Loading...