Download jar - All dependencies vs Essential dependencies

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Download jar - All dependencies vs Essential dependencies

Dave Evans-12
Hello,

I have a very minimal struts app I wrote some years ago. I want to
upgrade it from 2.3 to 2.5.  I'm wondering what requirements would
allow the use of the essential dependencies jar. I am using only jstl
tags, no struts tags. And my app is pretty simple.

Thanks,

Dave

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Download jar - All dependencies vs Essential dependencies

Lukasz Lenart
2017-04-18 4:19 GMT+02:00 Dave Evans <[hidden email]>:
> Hello,
>
> I have a very minimal struts app I wrote some years ago. I want to
> upgrade it from 2.3 to 2.5.  I'm wondering what requirements would
> allow the use of the essential dependencies jar. I am using only jstl
> tags, no struts tags. And my app is pretty simple.

There are an essential dependencies to download, is that what are you
looking for?
http://struts.apache.org/download.cgi#struts-ga

All the tags are included in the struts2-core.jar, there is a plan to
exclude them into plugins and have just pure core MVC engine.


Regards
--
Łukasz
+ 48 606 323 122 http://www.lenart.org.pl/

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Download jar - All dependencies vs Essential dependencies

Dave Evans-12
I'm sorry, I should have done a better job phrasing my question.

There are two jars which I can download, struts-2.5.10.1-lib.zip and
struts-2.5.10.1-min-lib.zip.  What are the use cases for these two
jars? I'd like to use the "Essential Dependencies" version, and would
like to know what would require that someone use the "All
Dependencies" version.

Dave

On Tue, Apr 18, 2017 at 1:28 AM, Lukasz Lenart <[hidden email]> wrote:

> 2017-04-18 4:19 GMT+02:00 Dave Evans <[hidden email]>:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I have a very minimal struts app I wrote some years ago. I want to
>> upgrade it from 2.3 to 2.5.  I'm wondering what requirements would
>> allow the use of the essential dependencies jar. I am using only jstl
>> tags, no struts tags. And my app is pretty simple.
>
> There are an essential dependencies to download, is that what are you
> looking for?
> http://struts.apache.org/download.cgi#struts-ga
>
> All the tags are included in the struts2-core.jar, there is a plan to
> exclude them into plugins and have just pure core MVC engine.
>
>
> Regards
> --
> Łukasz
> + 48 606 323 122 http://www.lenart.org.pl/
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Download jar - All dependencies vs Essential dependencies

Lukasz Lenart
2017-04-18 14:08 GMT+02:00 Dave Evans <[hidden email]>:
> I'm sorry, I should have done a better job phrasing my question.
>
> There are two jars which I can download, struts-2.5.10.1-lib.zip and
> struts-2.5.10.1-min-lib.zip.  What are the use cases for these two
> jars? I'd like to use the "Essential Dependencies" version, and would
> like to know what would require that someone use the "All
> Dependencies" version.

the Essential Dependencies version covers only Struts2 Core (no
plugins), whereas the All Dependencies version contains all the JARs
which covers the Core and all the plugins. Using the latest doesn't
make sense tbh :) And there is Maven to handle dependencies' mess ;-)


Regards
--
Łukasz
+ 48 606 323 122 http://www.lenart.org.pl/

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Download jar - All dependencies vs Essential dependencies

Dave Evans-12
Thank you Lukasz.  My app doesn't use any plugins, so I should be fine
with the Essentials.

On Tue, Apr 18, 2017 at 8:15 AM, Lukasz Lenart <[hidden email]> wrote:

> 2017-04-18 14:08 GMT+02:00 Dave Evans <[hidden email]>:
>> I'm sorry, I should have done a better job phrasing my question.
>>
>> There are two jars which I can download, struts-2.5.10.1-lib.zip and
>> struts-2.5.10.1-min-lib.zip.  What are the use cases for these two
>> jars? I'd like to use the "Essential Dependencies" version, and would
>> like to know what would require that someone use the "All
>> Dependencies" version.
>
> the Essential Dependencies version covers only Struts2 Core (no
> plugins), whereas the All Dependencies version contains all the JARs
> which covers the Core and all the plugins. Using the latest doesn't
> make sense tbh :) And there is Maven to handle dependencies' mess ;-)
>
>
> Regards
> --
> Łukasz
> + 48 606 323 122 http://www.lenart.org.pl/
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Loading...