Array of submit buttons

Prasanth-2
Hi,

I have a form with tabular data and need to have delete buttons for each row. So have a ArrayList<String> in the action and the form has <s:submit name="delete[%{#rowNumber}]" value="Delete"/> inside
an iterator. When the user clicks on the Delete button the ArrayList<String> was not populated. So changed the ArrayList to a Map. Interestingly the map is populated but the value in the map is a
String array, rather than a single String, with one element having string Delete.

Do s:submit work differently from s:textfield when it comes to saving data to ArrayList or Map?

Thanks,
Prasanth

>I have a form with tabular data and need to have delete buttons for each row. So
>have a ArrayList<String> in the action and the form has <s:submit
>name="delete[%{#rowNumber}]" value="Delete"/> inside an iterator. When the
>user clicks on the Delete button the ArrayList<String> was not populated. So
>changed the ArrayList to a Map. Interestingly the map is populated but the value
>in the map is a String array, rather than a single String, with one element having
>string Delete.
>
>Do s:submit work differently from s:textfield when it comes to saving data to
>ArrayList or Map?

No, AFAIK finally both are http parameters.

I expect ArrayList to work also e.g. for rowNumber=3, I expect delete={null, null, null, "Delete"} :( Could you please set devMode and increase log levels to WARN and check the output? What Struts version do you use?

Regards.