About error-code 404 is called for each struts action class

About error-code 404 is called for each struts action class

Emi Lu
Hello,

In web.xml:

    <error-page>
       <error-code>404</error-code>
<location>/WEB-INF/pages/errorinfo/tiles_404.jsp</location>
    </error-page>

For each struts2 action class shows/direct to correct page, but the
above line is always called.

Could someone let me know what may cause the above section called please?

Thanks a lot!
struts2.5.14.1, tiles3.0.8, servlet2.4

Re: About error-code 404 is called for each struts action class

Emi Lu
Any clue why action classes are shown correctly, but 404.jsp still called?

In 404.jsp  only one line: System.out.println("test");

All struts action classes can be shown correctly, but 404.jsp is called
by web.xml when going from one page to another.

Thanks.

> Hello,
>
> In web.xml:
>
>    <error-page>
>       <error-code>404</error-code>
> <location>/WEB-INF/pages/errorinfo/tiles_404.jsp</location>
>    </error-page>
>
> For each struts2 action class shows/direct to correct page, but the
> above line is always called.
>
> Could someone let me know what may cause the above section called please?
>
> Thanks a lot!
> --
> struts2.5.14.1, tiles3.0.8, servlet2.4

Re: About error-code 404 is called for each struts action class

Yasser Zamani-2

On 1/6/2018 12:04 AM, Emi wrote:
> 404.jsp is called by web.xml when going from one page to another.

Maybe other requests like a missing favicon, css or javascript causes this.

Re: About error-code 404 is called for each struts action class

Emi Lu

> On 1/6/2018 12:04 AM, Emi wrote:
>> 404.jsp is called by web.xml when going from one page to another.
> Maybe other requests like a missing favicon, css or javascript causes this.
Yes.

In one one css file, the following cods caused 404 error.

body {
     font: 0.7em/1.5em "Trebuchet MS",Verdana,sans-serif;
     background: white
url('images/ui-bg_fine-grain_65_654b24_60x60.png') repeat;
}

Thanks a lot.